The good news is that you are not the only one, we have helped many families and individuals use down payment assistance programs! There are options that we can use to make your home ownership dreams come true! We have access to national, state, county, and city programs that are available and our lenders can help guide you on the best programs for you. We have some general information on some of the programs we use below but we have access to quite a few more programs and are happy to help when you are ready!
Most loans and programs will look at your income and debt to help determine how much they can pre-approve you for in order to purchase a home. The other main factor that they are looking at is your credit score. Generally speaking for some of the better programs we will need a credit score of 640*, however, we do have quite a few options for credit scores that are lower.
One of the more popular programs we use are the CalHFA programs. They offer a few different programs that make home ownership possible.
Another popular program from CalHFA is the MyHome program.
• Down payment or closing cost assistance.
• Deferred payment junior loan.
• Low-interest rate Additional Benefits: MyHome can be combined with:
• All CalHFA first mortgages including CalPLUS with ZIP
Are you a teacher or staff member serving in one of California’s public schools? CalHFA would like to say “thank you” with the Extra Credit Teacher Program.
• Rewards teachers and staff who serve in California’s public schools.
• Downpayment assistance
• $7,500 for non-high cost areas
• $15,000 for high cost areas
• Deferred payments. Addition Benefits ECTP can be combined with:
• CalPLUS — First mortgage loans with exclusive, zero interest down payment assistance.
• Reduce your out-of-pocket due at closing or
• Reduce your monthly payment by covering your mortgage insurance with a one-time payment. Dependable: Our fixed rates mean you’ll know your payments for the life of the loan.
Are you a homebuyer looking for a fixed rate mortgage with down payment assistance combined into one perfect package? CalPLUS and ZIP are for you.
• A 97% LTV Conventional or 96.5% LTV FHA first mortgage loan.
• 30-year term, fixed interest Rate
• Also available to non-first time homebuyers. ZIP Down Payment Assistance:
• Zero interest junior loan.
The Golden State Finance Authority Platinum Down Payment Assistance.
Thousands of people each year dream of becoming homeowners. The GSFA Platinum homebuyer assistance program provides eligible borrowers with a grant, up to 5% of their total loan amount to use toward down payment and closing costs. Many times, assistance will help a homebuyer to purchase a home with little to no money out of pocket and maybe much sooner than was thought possible. The program is very flexible. Eligible mortgage loans include FHA, VA, USDA, and Conventional mortgages. The income limits are higher than one might expect (low to moderate income.)
Get a grant with the purchase or refinance of your primary home.
• Grant can be used towards down payment and/or closing costs.
• Grant is truly a gift and never has to be repaid.
• The program is NOT limited to first time homebuyers.
• Grant is available on purchase or refinance of a primary residence.
• Variety of mortgage types available.
• Grant up to 5% of the loan amount.
Another program is the Energy Efficient Mortgage Program
Appraisal Compliance Covered with Simple Documentation*:
*Documentation during escrow, repairs are made after close to escrow
• Central Heat and Air: Vandalized - Old and antiquated
• Windows: Broken, ugly, single pane
• Solar: On any home, regardless of age.
• Roof: Cool roof - Replace with reflective materials
• Pool Pump: Saves mega electricity
• Exterior Doors: Missing, broken, not to code
• Other: Hot water heater, attic insulation
No additional liens layered FHA first loan. Automatically qualify buyers with no added cash. On average, homeowners spend about $2,500 a year on home energy costs. That adds up to more than $70,000 over the life of a 30-year mortgage in many cases, more than tax and insurance.
Here is also a list of some local cities that are also offering first time home buyer and down payment assistance programs:
Ideal starter home or investment in much sought after Mink Creek Estates. Open concept living room and big kitchen. Lots of natural light from skylight in the vaulted cei...
Listing courtesy of Equistar Realty Group.
Perfect Location! Beautiful condo featuring 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms. Upper level unit in a quiet community with assigned parking space right outside the front door. Rel...
Listing courtesy of Homesmart Icare Realty.
Classic one story ranch style home in North Sacramento! Recently remodeled from top to bottom w/modern finishes including the kitchen and bathrooms. Oversized backyard wi...
Listing courtesy of Legacy Properties.
Golf Course Village...3 Bed/2 Bath home with a Spacious Layout. Tastefully Painted home with High Ceilings, Wood Burning Fireplace, Laminate Flooring, Dual Panel Windows....
Listing courtesy of Real Estate Source Inc.
Seller Financing is available on this diamond in the rough! The property boasts 4 bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms with additional rooms and living space not currently inclu...
Listing courtesy of Lyon Re Sierra Oaks.
Paradise in Citrus Heights! This luxurious 3 bedroom 2 bath custom-built home in the serene area of South Grand Oaks is complemented by a gorgeous pool and is home to qui...
Listing courtesy of Exp Realty Of California Inc..
Vacant & Professionally Cleaned! Great first time home buyer or investor opportunity! Floor plan is nice and open with three bedrooms, two full bathrooms, and a courtya...
Listing courtesy of Ryan Miller Broker.
NEW to the market, this move-in ready condo is now available to purchase in the highly desired gated community of Madrone at Empire Ranch. Amazing location, a couple min...
Listing courtesy of Icon Real Estate.
Beautifully remodeled 3Bad/2Bath 1 story home located in well established neighborhood, with easy access to freeway, schools & shopping. This home features a beautifully ...
Listing courtesy of Sierra Oaks Real Estate.
This remodeled beauty looks good. Brand new kitchen with granite counter tops. New cabinets. Stainless steel appliances. Nice fireplace. Enclosed game room in the back th...
Listing courtesy of Metropolitan Real Estate & Development.
All measurements and all calculations of area (i.e., Sq Ft and Acreage) are approximate. Broker has represented to MetroList that Broker has a valid listing signed by seller authorizing placement in the MLS. Above information is provided by Seller and/or other sources and has not been verified by Broker. Copyright 2020 MetroList Services, Inc. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of MetroList® MLS. All information has been provided by seller/other sources and has not been verified by broker. All interested persons should independently verify the accuracy of all information. Last updated .